Saturday, September 02, 2006

Currency, Diamox, Documents and Sun

Four issues that I would like to answer right now

Currency: You an bring CAD which are accepted as well as the the US currency. Don't bring in Rupees as you will not get a good exchange rate of CAD/INDRS in Canada .... you will be just complicating things for yourself.

Diamox (Medication for HAS) ... is easily available in Indian Pharamacies especially in the Himalayas.... Even I was carrying this magic drug on my last trek although I never really used it.

Copies of important Documents: there are two good options ...... you guys can scan the important documents and store a copy of them in your email inboxes ... that ways they will always be accessible .... or you can always keep a photocopy of your documents at some of my friend's house in india (why go thru the trouble of hiding them in your shoe or something.

Sun: I got pretty nasty sun burns from UVR on my last trek as I did not wear any sun screen cream. To tell the truth .. i knew I was gonna get them but I wanted them anyways as sun burns are considered like beautiful ornaments on a trekker ... lols.
Anyways i am not too happy now as it kind of pains when the skin comes off.
here is what you will need to protect yourself from the sun.

Sunglasses that inhibit UVR ..... highly recommended as I would not like to go blind.
Sunscreen cream with SPF 15+

Some wide brimmed hat.

There is too much of UVR at high altititudes where we will be spending lots of time .... so please please take it seriously .... sunglasses will also protect you against temporary snow blindness .... so do get sunglasses that inhibit UVR

No comments: