Friday, August 11, 2006

Trekking Stuff for Sept Group

This will be short message
I just wanted to say that I have two tents in India .... one is a two person North Face tent and another one is a cheapo Hudson Bay Company tent; so i think we will manage about the tents.

Another thing I wanted to discuss is that I was thinking that Delhi is too big and so we will have to spend too much of time in order to shop around for small stuff before leaving for Manali. I would recommend that we do our small shopping before the trek at Chandigarh (CHD) where everything is very close to each other and CHD is on the way to Manali from Delhi. But the problem is that we can't get any trekking gear from CHD. So let me know if any one of you intend to buy some trekking gear from India and we can plan accordingly.

BTW I bought a pretty decent hiking pole from a trekking gear shop in Delhi for something like $25. If any one one of you want a hiking pole too, I can get that for you guys.

bye for now .... Sarju

1 comment:

Sarju said...

I think it will be a good idea to bring your tent as my HBC tent is definitely not that good ... HBC tent is going to be only a stand by tent just in case we run short of tents before starting off with our trek.
cheers .... sarju