Saturday, July 22, 2006

Blogging in India

Hi trekkers,

The news about blogs in India is that one week ago, the government of India banned all the blogs as they considered them to be a threat to national security after the Mumbai bomb blasts. I can sense a sigh of relief on my fellow trekkers as they might be thinking that they will not have to check the posts on this blog :))

guys ... I am sorry to disappoint you but you will not get respite from my blogging :D
The ministry of information in India said that it was a mistake and that they were going to lift the ban pretty soon. Secondly I get all the information in an email whenever someone posts a comment or a post on my blogs so I will know whatever is happening on the blog.

I also wanted to emphasize why it is usually recommended not to have a very rigid plan in Inida. It is just that plans never really materialize in india. So the best way to travel in india is to go there and than see what are the best possible options available.

No comments: