Saturday, July 22, 2006

Tekking Gear 2

Julley Trekkers,

I finally finished my shopping for trekking gear.
I have few more things that can be shared by the group.

ROPE: I bought this rope from MEC, it is 12 meters long and it floats on water. I might tell one of you to get some more of this rope. I think it was $1.5 per meter

WATER FILTER

I will recommend the following less obvious stuff
POWER STRAP: It is like a strap that can be used to tighten up your bag. It will be ideal for tying the bag to the roof of the bus. I will recommend this strap, buy the longest one.

SLEEPING MATTRESS: If you want to buy the inflatable therma ones that cost $100 approx. buy them from Canada. The rubberised/foam ones you can buy from New Delhi also.

Other thing that might be of interest to the rest of the group would be that I am not taking any trekking poles or cooking stove with me to India .

No comments: